Monday, April 14, 2014

Professional Statement

Gerri Jergensen
1234 ABC  ROAD
Orlando, Fl. 12345
History of Art is the door to artistic, cultural, historical and personal enrichment. With motivation and effort it can also lead to truly interesting career opportunities, most notably as far as I am concerned, museum curator. It is one of the most appealing and diverse subjects you can work with as it expresses itself through various supports. It allows you to gain access to cultures throughout the world, their beliefs and history through a single still image, a sculpture or even a white canvas.

Art is an un-compromised, satirical and beautiful gateway to the world and the history of mankind. Art is not only beautiful, impressive or esthetically, Art is a testimony of historical patrimony, and this is one of the main reasons I want to study History of Art.

My interest in the subject started in my school years during which I obtained outstanding grades in History, Art and Literature. My passion for the subject flows out into my social life as I attended weekly cultural events in the form of exhibits, plays, readings and any other form of art available. Outside of Art I very much enjoy music including rock, country and jazz, sailing, hiking and exploring the mountains of North Carolina with my family and dogs.

With 20 + years of experience in retail management, I have developed a strong work ethic and considerable initiative and assertiveness to adapt to any situation. In combination with my studies I will be able to cater to a large clientele of art enthusiast. Furthermore, with a need for achievement, I will be an asset to any museum.

In the next ten years I plan on opening my own gallery and want to exhibit female artists. At the same time this gallery will also open doors to young artist that can flourish in the gallery’s studio that will be available for their own use and give them a start that otherwise would not be available to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment